The Okuma GLS Custom Spinning Rod series gives salmon and steelhead anglers the actions they require built on light, responsive 30-ton carbon rod blanks. You bet these spinning rods are sturdy, too, as they are made with a Dual Helix wrap design that contains over 6,000 strands of carbon thread! Okuma’s UMR rod tip technology reduces weight and increases strength as well, and the rods are backed by the manufacturer’s three-year limited warranty. The GLS Custom collection offers six spinning rod models to choose from ranging from 9 – 10 1/2 ft. in length and light to medium-heavy powers. As for the components on the Okuma spinning rods, Sea Guide stainless steel frames with oversized Zirconium guide inserts resist freezing and allow the use of either braided or monofilament lines. The specialized TPE and premium cork grips enable a soft touch feel and surface grip for comfort when you’re on the water all day seeking salmon or steelhead. After you hook one of these big hard-fighting fish, it will be a blast to bring it in on a lightweight and strong Okuma GLS Custom Spinning Rod!
- Designed for salmon and steelhead
- 30-ton carbon blanks are light and responsive
- Stainless steel Sea Guide frames
- Dual helix wrap with over 6000 strands of carbon threads
- Oversized zirconium guide inserts to reduce freezing
- TPE and premium cork handle
- GLS rods are backed by a manufacturer 3-year limited warranty